D2iQ: Empowering Managers During Global Merit Cycles
- With employees spread across the globe, D2iQ needed a way to automate compensation adjustments resulting from their merit cycles.
- Instead of having to manually manage version control between several Google sheets and spreadsheets, D2iQ now uses Pave to centralize compensation data.
- D2iQ can now empower its managers to make equitable and fair decisions based on the company’s compensation philosophy with Pave’s Compensation Planner.
- 25% estimated comp planning time savings while avoiding clerical errors by switching from spreadsheets to Pave’s Compensation Planner.
- Increased transparency & continuity on merit recommendations with trackable comments.
- Reduce the need to manually calculate foreign exchange currency conversions for the workforce outside the U.S.
“Like most HR departments, we often had to rely on Finance to get through the compensation cycle. Pave really allowed us to be more autonomous and better own the process for determining currency conversions.”
Ashley Brounstein, Senior HR Manager
D2iQ simplifies and automates the complex tasks needed for enterprise Kubernetes in production at scale, reducing operational burden and total cost of ownership (TCO). With an open source and flexible approach to automation, the D2iQ Kubernetes Platform delivers the results required regardless of where you deploy.
D2iQ needed a tool to help conduct error-free compensation planning for their employee base spread across multiple countries, including Canada, Australia, Spain, the UK, and Germany among others. This was especially challenging for their lean People Team, who had to deal with the associated currency conversions during their compensation planning process. Cycle after cycle, D2iQ’s annual merit reviews kept requiring:
- An inordinate amount of time auditing compensation benchmark data through external tools.
- Manually entering this data into spreadsheets (with some managers utilizing Google spreadsheets while others converting to Microsoft Excel).
- Managing the associated version control and clerical errors across various sources.
D2iQ had to manually combine data from external data benchmarks and disparate systems (including Option Driver and BambooHR) to try and get a more holistic picture of their total compensation. Without this consolidated view, the company’s merit cycle process became overly complex causing them to extend compensation process deadlines, which typically took six to eight weeks to fully complete. This left leaders struggling to efficiently and effectively communicate merit cycle outcomes, and employees wondering how these figures were calculated.
D2iQ wanted to provide greater clarity, empower its managers, and engender greater trust in compensation decisions.
Translating Compensation Globally
D2iQ’s Senior HR Manager Ashley Brounstein and HR Operations Manager David Andrukat turned to Pave to streamline their merit cycle process. The company was up and running with Pave’s Compensation Planner in less than a month.
Ashley and David both saw an immediate impact to their global merit cycle process after adopting Pave. The platform was configured to reflect and accommodate flexible budget management regardless of currency that showed each manager's team spend, enabling a personalized team view. They were also able to streamline the calibration process through clear, standardized visuals of employees, with Ashley noting, “In spreadsheets it’s hard to visualize what a salary midpoint is. Being able to show employees the ranges and where they are in the bands helps translate an otherwise abstract concept, making a huge difference to us and our employees.”
With Pave, having employee salary, bonus, and equity information all in one system enables a data-driven approach to employee leveling and adjustments. Now D2iQ’s raise and promotion decisions are made following a consistent recommendation framework that considers key factors, and generates equitable results. Ashley adds, “I love that we can go in and review manager comments about why we made certain decisions or what we were thinking at the time - you're not having to go back to a buried Google sheet six months later.”
“Once we implemented Pave, we gained a ton of trust and a ton of credibility with our leadership team. And we just came out looking like rock stars.”
Ashley Brounstein, Senior HR manager
Moving Forward, Worry-Free
With Pave, D2iQ empowers managers to make informed and equitable decisions with transparent merit eligibility that aligns with their compensation philosophy. The People Team estimates a 25% time-savings, completing its compensation planning in just four weeks using Pave, saving the People Team weeks of additional work previously required with spreadsheets.
Pave’s seamless integration with D2iQ’s HR systems has eliminated clerical errors, which required exporting multiple .csv data files, and piecemealing sensitive information together in an error-prone process. “Now, we actually look forward to our next comp cycle,” David concludes. D2iQ is looking forward to further utilizing Pave’s partnership to make complex compensation processes even more seamless.