Real-time compensation benchmarking
The most accurate market data - get access by integrating your systems in just minutes.
Key Benchmarking Stats
An API-Driven Compensation Platform
No More Spreadsheets
Real-Time Industry Data
Real-time integrations with ATS, HR, and cap table software
Frequently Asked Questions
When do I get the data?
There are two phases to the Pave's onboarding:
- Data Collection - Each company must complete the following steps to participate in the project:
- Set up integrations. For most customers, this generally takes ~5 minutes.
- Leveling classification. Pave takes this work off your plate and uses its models to take a first pass at classifying your employees into the Pave job leveling framework. We then ask for your optional validation of the assumed level classifications made by Pave’s team.
- Integration Validation - Once your integrations are validated by Pave's team (typically 24-48 hours after you submit your integration), you'll have access to Pave's benchmarking data.
How will companies be able to break down the data?
We allow companies to filter/group the data on multiple dimensions including:
- Job family
- Job level
- Capital raised
How many companies are participating in Pave’s compensation benchmarking project?
Pave is partnering with many tier-one VC firms to invite over 2,000 portfolio companies to run a best-in-class, real-time compensation benchmarking project. The more companies that participate, the more valuable the data will be.
Which systems does Pave integrate with?
- NetSuite HCM
Do I have to integrate both HRIS/Payroll as well as Cap Table systems?
Total compensation consists of both cash and equity, and to leave one out would tell an incomplete story. Pave operates with a give-to-get model. In order to gain access to the real-time portal of compensation benchmarking data, you are required to integrate two systems with Pave:
- HRIS or Payroll (e.g. ADP, BambooHR, Workday)
- Cap Table (e.g. Carta)
What if I don’t currently have HRIS/Cap Table systems or would prefer not to integrate them with Pave?
Similar to other compensation benchmarking surveys, Pave operates on a give-to-get model. The key difference with Pave, is that data is shared via real-time HR integrations rather than an annual process of manual data entry. In order to ensure 100% real-time data, Pave requires that participating companies opt-in to the anonymized data network by integrating their HRIS and/or Cap Table systems.
How accurate/specific is the dataset?
Pave developed its universal job classification system with The People Design House, a team of established people operations leaders responsible for managing people operations and compensation for companies like Coinbase and Opendoor. This ensures that you’re benchmarking against the right data despite differences in how companies title their employees.
How does Pave ensure that my data is secure?
Pave has passed rigorous security reviews from 100% of its customers. To ensure that slices of the benchmarking data cannot be attributed to a single employee or company, the market data report is 100% de-identified and aggregated.
Here is a comprehensive packet containing all of Pave’s security and data privacy policies including information related to GDPR, CCPA, SOC 2 Type 2. We also have the benign results of a penetration test that we can share with customers upon request.
How does Pave’s job level and classification process work?
Here is a guide that you can read to learn more about Pave’s job leveling framework and how the classification process works.
How do companies get access to Pave’s real-time benchmarking data?
Participating companies who share their HR data via API access will unlock ongoing, free access to Pave’s anonymized, real-time benchmarking portal.
There are two types of data that Pave collects, anonymizes, and distributes:
- Real-time salary and variable cash data for current and past employees. This is usually found in an HRIS solution like BambooHR or a payroll solution like ADP.
- Equity data. This is usually found in a cap table solution like Carta but sometimes exists in HRIS solutions like BambooHR or Workday.
Pave operates under a give-to-get model. In order to unlock Pave’s real-time compensation benchmarking reports, a company must share information about its anonymized employees’ cash and equity compensation via HRIS and cap table integrations.